Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. We offer seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care. We understand how to create the best experience for people living in a Revera home. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a life of purpose, and we create environments that make that possible.
Our mission is to celebrate the human spirit in every way possible – and that applies to both our residents and our employees. There’s a lot that goes into being a member of our team – and there’s a lot that you’ll get out of the experience too. We go the extra mile to ensure that each member of our staff feels safe, secure, enriched and empowered in their role. So that everyone under our roof is given the opportunity to thrive, grow and make the most of every day.
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
Reporting to the Director - Revenue Management & Data Analytics, the Manager – Financial Data & Reporting is responsible for supporting accurate and timely financial reporting to business stakeholders as well as planning system support. Moreover, this role will drive the development and deployment of standard and ad hoc reports and dashboards, providing metrics and underlying data to enable timely business analysis and data-based decisions. The Manager – Financial Data & Reporting will provide expert consultation and support for business changes (e.g. M&A), process improvements and technology upgrade projects impacting financial reporting or systems.
- Reports are built and modified to empower financial data analysis throughout the organization;
- Reports and analysis are effective and efficient for end users;
- Reports are developed in such a way that they will enable teams to meet key audit controls and support organizational changes;
- Planning and forecasting is produced successfully in Adaptive;
- A standard report suite is developed, delivered and maintained;
- Custom reports and ad hoc data analyses are developed with value-added consulting; and
- Technology changes and large-scale business changes that affect financial systems are effectively supported.
- Gather and comprehend business reporting requirements, using best practices in designing reporting solutions to meet business needs that drive business decisions;
- Support all data requests and routine data queries, as well as build complex composite reports and dashboards with Workday and other reporting tools;
- Identify, recommend and implement innovative reporting processes and procedures to improve efficiency and reporting;
- Provide training and implement strategies to ensure reports and functionality are successfully understood and utilized (Workday and Adaptive);
- KPIs are consistently achieved or exceeded;
- Provide data, analysis and insights to finance and other business units in Revera as required;
- Make recommendations for the development of, or enhancements to, current systems and the implementation of new systems and tools for better reporting and analytics delivery;
- Coordinate and prioritize ad-hoc data and reporting requests and data collection from both internal and external resources for analysis;
- Uphold and promote the organization’s values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera’s Code of Conduct; and
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Credentials and Experience:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Computer Science or Business Administration or equivalent;
- Minimum 4 years reporting experience, preferably in Finance;
- Workday Pro Reporting OR Workday Pro Financials certification
- Experience or exposure to Workday Adaptive Planning module
- Work collaboratively with others, creating partnerships with management, finance, Accounting and colleagues;
- Proactive and able to organize and prioritize with limited guidance; work independently or within teams, and meet deadlines;
- Ability to identify trends and work closely with management to improve data integrity and analytics;
- Ability to analyze and determine the applicability of data, draw conclusions and make appropriate recommendations.
- Excellent consultative, organization, customer service, analytical and problem-solving skills with an ability to communicate with both a technical audience and business users; and
- Intermediate/Advanced Microsoft Office knowledge specifically including Excel (functions, pivot tables, macros, advanced formulas, etc.
Revera Core Competencies:
- Accountability: Takes ownership and holds self and others accountable to deliver high quality, timely and cost-effective results.
- Business Acumen: Understands financial and operational aspects and implications that are essential to achieve superior business results.
- Coaching & Developing Talent: Building capability of self, individuals and teams by engaging in feedback, coaching, learning and development. Building capability of self, individuals and teams by engaging in feedback, coaching, learning and development.
- Customer Focus: Keeping the customer in mind to deliver the highest possible quality of care, service and choices.
- Execution Excellence: Optimizes available resources and pursues implementation to consistently achieve exceptional outcomes.
- Innovative Thinking: Identifies, develops and implements new and innovative solutions to enhance opportunity, efficiency and quality.
- Teamwork and Collaboration: Inspires and fosters a team environment and works collaboratively to achieve business goals and objectives.
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.