Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. We offer seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care. We understand how to create the best experience for people living in a Revera home. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a life of purpose, and we create environments that make that possible.
Our mission is to celebrate the human spirit in every way possible – and that applies to both our residents and our employees. There’s a lot that goes into being a member of our team – and there’s a lot that you’ll get out of the experience too. We go the extra mile to ensure that each member of our staff feels safe, secure, enriched and empowered in their role. So that everyone under our roof is given the opportunity to thrive, grow and make the most of every day.
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
Reporting to the Director of Health and Wellness (DHW), the Resident Care Coordinator ensures the maintenance of medical and nursing records and nursing audits as per our policies and procedures.
- Ensures the maintenance of medical and nursing records and nursing Audits as per our policies and procedures;
- Works with DHW and Executive Director in the recruitment and hiring process;
- Follow up on all incident reports or concerns identified in the 24 hour report and report plan of action to the DHW as needed;
- Attends shift report while providing support and guidance to staff in attendance;
- Attends Staff, Management and DHW / Nursing related meetings;
- Aware of the Standards of Care brought forward by the governing bodies and ensures that all are followed;
- Provides assistance to DHW and Residents and / or Families with move-in information, assistance and assessments;
- Maintains contact with the residents to ensure a high quality of care;
- Reviews each resident's profile and care plan to ensure that problems are dealt with appropriately and that individual needs are met in a timely manner;
- Coordinates and provides orientation to new hires;
- Provides input and information to the DHW regarding yearly performance evaluations of Personal Support Worker staff;
- Ensures the availability and maintenance of nursing department supplies and equipment;
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with all staff, residents and their families, physicians, other professionals and the community. Provides DHW with pertinent information regarding resident care;
- Assesses resident's condition by recognizing and interpreting signs and symptoms, and where appropriate, initiates remedial health measures;
- Ensures the recording and safe keeping of all drugs including controlled drugs and narcotics as per policy and procedure;
- Ensures that the Registered (RPN) / Unregistered Care Provider's (UCP) order and/or reorder drugs and maintains an accurate record according to established procedures;
- Ensures RPN/UCP's are correctly processing all physician orders and follow through according to established procedures;
- Maintains a necessary degree of nursing knowledge and skills through seminars and courses;
- Resident Care Coordinator will also submit yearly learning plans to the DHW at annual performance appraisal;
- Assists the DHW to complete monthly reports for both the Executive Director and Senior Management;
- Assumes administrative duties as required in the DHW's absence;
- Responsible for scheduling and finding replacement staffing for the nursing department when staff phone in sick. If unable to find a replacement, the Resident Care Coordinator is expected to do the shift;
- Observes and promptly reports to the DHW any changes in a resident's physical and emotional condition;
- Is actively involved in ensuring Occupational Health and Safety guidelines are followed;
- Acts as a Building Supervisor as needed;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current registration as a Registered / Licensed Practical Nurse with the applicable provincial licensing body
- Possession of valid basic life support CPR C & Standard First Aid
- Must be a competent person as defined by the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Experience in geriatric, rehabilitation or long-term care nursing is essential
- Knowledge of designated assisted living, dementia care and home care an asset
- Post-graduate study in geriatrics is desirable
- Possession of good leadership, communication and diplomatic relation skills
- Possession of skill in coordinating and supervising a comprehensive nursing care program
- Current (within 6 months) Vulnerable Position/Sector Screening (VPS).
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.