This job posting is no longer active.
Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. We offer seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care. We understand how to create the best experience for people living in a Revera home. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a life of purpose, and we create environments that make that possible.
Our mission is to celebrate the human spirit in every way possible – and that applies to both our residents and our employees. There’s a lot that goes into being a member of our team – and there’s a lot that you’ll get out of the experience too. We go the extra mile to ensure that each member of our staff feels safe, secure, enriched and empowered in their role. So that everyone under our roof is given the opportunity to thrive, grow and make the most of every day.
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
- Identifies the educational and training needs in the home/residence to ensure quality of care and services;
- Designs, develops and coordinates the delivery of Staff Development Programs to meet these needs;
- Ensures good resident outcome and satisfaction through training needs of staff;
- Develops general orientation and ongoing educational programs based on learning needs of staff;
- Communicates the planned program to encourage participation, involvement and support;
- Provides programs to enhance the working life and increase knowledge and esteem of the staff;
- Evaluates the effectiveness and quality of Staff Development Programs against appropriate objectives and standards;
- Receives feedback from staff and department heads on training programs;
- Monitors new technology, trends in the delivery of each service, ensures staff is trained appropriately;
- Maintains staff's attendance in-service records and quality management activities for the program;
- Is knowledgeable of the Resident Bill of Rights / Governing Principles and endeavours to promote it;
- Establishes adequate resource material on health related books, for nutrition, activation and environmental departments;
- Performs clinical teaching sessions on the units as needed;
- Participates in QE / RM meetings;
- Responsible for teaching health and safety issues such as WHMIS, lifts and transfers, and back care in consultation with the Cambridge Office, Health and Safety Consultant;
- Responsible for carrying out legislated duties in health and safety as per the certification training program;
- Work in a position of trust with vulnerable adults (residents);
- Uphold and promote the organization's values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera's Code of Conduct;
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Registered Nurse with current registration with the applicable Provincial Licensing Body;
- BScN with continuing education in Gerontology, Nursing Administration, Rehabilitation, Long-Term Care, or the equivalent;
- Completion of, or working towards, a course in adult education at the community college level is considered an asset;
- Must possess good written and oral communication skills;
- Good motivational and time management skills, good inter-departmental communications and leadership skills are required;
- Good working attitude and team building skills are required;
- Will be the Management Certified Health and Safety Representative;
- Proficiency in a second language is considered an asset.
- Must provide a complete and current (within six months) Vulnerable Sector Check (including a Criminal Background Check) or be willing to obtain one.
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.